Saturday 4 February 2012

Welcoming Wicket

Back in November I fell in love. It was instant and from the moment I heard the words 'he's for sale', I knew he had to be mine. Yes, I know - oldest trick in the book. Take cute puppy into the school playground and see who bites. Truth is, I've thought about buying a dog for sometime and until now have always pushed it aside as impractical with my lifestyle. As soon as I saw Wicket I just had to make it work.

And so far we have made it work. He is a beautifully natured Shih tzu/ poodle cross. He is learning fast and already at four and a half months old, has most of his commands down. We are still working on house training but he is nearly there, and today he experienced snow for the first time and ran, loopy, round the garden. I have a friend and a dog walker helping me out with lunchtime walks while I am at work and I can hardly remember what life was like before he arrived.

So why Wicket? Well Star Wars fans will probably be there already but for everyone else: see below!

Wicket the Ewok
Wicket the Ewok

Wicket the puppy
Wicket the puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment