Friday 25 February 2011

Latest Project Complete!

Yet again it has been rather a long time since my last post. This is, in part, due to a new project that has kept me busy. Last year, mum and dad took on the task of getting an old friend's book published; her fourth and last novel. After rejections from quite a few publishers and agents (on the basis of the book being a one off and too much of a financial risk), they decided to set up their own publishing firm and publish it themselves.

And that's where my role started. They asked me if I would design the book cover and I was more than happy to take the job on. It was quite a learning curve, learning to use InDesign, but one that I really enjoyed.

Signing off on the cover and uploading it to the printer was nerve-racking, but on the 14th February the first print run was completed. So that's it - the book is published and available directly from Trifolium Books UK or from Amazon (also Amazon.com), as well as a selection of independent Cumbrian bookshops.

I can now add 'cover designer' to my CV.



No comments:

Post a Comment